Driver Possessing International Driver License
- a foreigner with a foreign issued driver license can drive legally in Korea with an international driver license for 1 year. But, the foreign license must not expire during that period.
- an international driver license is for a foreigner not residing in Korea (visitor). Thus, foreigners registered at the Korea Immigration Service are strongly recommended to convert the existing foreign license to a Korean driver license because they are legal residents of Korea.
Driver License Testing for Foreigners
- Bring your foreign driver license.
- The written test can be taken in English, Chinese, Japanese, German and French. The test is a multiple choice test with 20 problems.
- Test preparation materials in English and Chinese can be purchased at driver license testing agencies.
- For information about driver license testing in Japanese, German and French, please be advised with the website